Behavioral Science in Marketing
MicroMass behaviorists were featured in PharmaVOICE magazine to detail how behavioral science should continue to be used to help improve patient outcomes.
Here are some excerpts and quotes from MicroMass experts.
- Understanding behavior from a behavioral science perspective includes what people do, what they feel, what they think, and how they think.
- In healthcare marketing, leveraging behavioral science means addressing the motivation and skills needed to change a person’s health-related thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- Almost all of the challenges that pharma is focused on addressing today come down to changing behaviors. Whether targeting patients or providers, marketers need to shift their focus from a purely brand-centric approach to understanding the complex factors that affect behavior, decision-making, and optimal healthcare outcomes.
- As more pharmaceutical marketers learn about the benefits of better understanding both patients and providers, what motivates them, what drives their behavior, and how their behavior can be changed, we are seeing more attention being paid to behavioral science.
- One of the really exciting things about the evolution of digital is that the application of behavioral science is evolving right alongside. It’s exciting to see how technology advancements enable us to continually advance how we deliver behavioral science to help support patients in more innovative, personal, and ultimately, helpful ways to support the desired behaviors that we’re addressing.
- In terms of channels, there is something novel about print these days. Digital messages can get lost in the fray, whereas a print piece might stand out in a way that it wouldn’t have 10 years ago. Another aspect to consider is the learning style of each individual and how to utilize various executions to meet their needs. Some people learn by holding, doing, practicing, or trying; others learn by reading or by watching or listening. Using this aspect of behavioral science enables us to best support positive change in the desired health behaviors.
- When programs embed behavioral science consistently across different digital tools, as well as in print, it can make a very noticeable difference for the brand.