We are a full-service agency with 25 years of history supporting pharmaceutical and life science clients in optimizing patient outcomes through behavioral science. At MicroMass, we see behavior broadly—including what patients or providers think, feel, and do. We apply a unique combination of behavior-change strategies, compelling creative, and digital innovation to marketing that addresses the behavioral barriers that often get in the way of an optimal experience.
Who We Are
Our people and our culture are fundamental to our specialized approach. We not only understand behavior, but we are passionate about changing it. Together, we take a multidisciplinary approach to applying behavioral science. This helps us to create innovative solutions that get people to do more than buy a product—we get people to buy into a new way of thinking. We inspire and facilitate lasting behavior change. And that changes everything.
We’re always looking for hard working, passionate people who want to join us as we transform the way we inspire and help people. Over the course of 12 weeks, you will be given the opportunity to work with and learn from talented, creative, award-winning professionals working in the healthcare industry.
We will work together to propel your career or school initiatives forward and provide any assistance that will help you at the next level.
About the Role
During this opportunity, depending on the specific projects that MicroMass is working on at that time, the behavioral services intern will have the opportunity to assist with developing behavioral science-based insights and marketing materials for patients or healthcare professionals. Specific tasks that this intern may complete include: conducting brief literature reviews to uncover key behavioral drivers and barriers for a specific target audience, assisting with developing the strategies and health communication tactics based on those behavioral insights, developing a research instrument, overseeing the fielding and analysis of a study/project, and/or applying research findings to written points-of-view and other external materials.
To get the most from this internship, the intern needs to be highly self-motivated, willing to work towards tight deadlines, and flexible. The ideal candidate would have an interest in applying behavioral science in a marketing environment and an interest in working in a commercial/for-profit business environment.
What We Offer:
- This is a paid internship
- Mentorship and guidance from our team
- Working and collaborating along side other diverse and talented teams
- Hands on experience developing and executing ideas and concepts for pharmaceutical brands
- Training and insight into all aspects of the agency
- Lots of fun
Our Future Behaviorist Intern (Summer, 2020) Will:
- Be currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in one of the following areas or a related area: Public Health, Health Behavior, Health Education, Health Communication, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology
- Be able to work cross-functionally within the organization
- Showcase the ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Show a willingness and ability to work collaboratively
- Provide the ability to voice your opinion
- Have a “can-do” attitude
- Be available for approx. 30 hours per week for 12 weeks (flexible schedule)
As a fast-growing agency in a highly competitive market, hiring the right talent makes all the difference. At MicroMass, we understand that changing lives takes time, commitment, and talent. We value collaboration and diversity of thought, and we rely on the power of behavioral science fueled by our imaginations. At our core, we believe that changing lives for our clients and our community is possible.
Our Core Values
No one is here by mistake.
Curiosity is the cure for stagnation.
Good ideas can be great when we challenge each other to go further.
You can be bold because behavioral science has your back.
Patients are waiting—we can’t.
Smart people, strong family, shared purpose.